A short introduction
Literally the meaning of Jharkhand is ‘Land of Bushes’. According to Bukaanan, from Kashi to Veerbhum whole plateau was called “Jharkhand”. Jharkhand word was first time being used for Tribal areas in 13th Century Indian copper plate inscriptions. Jharkhand existed on 15th November 2000 but the consideration of discreet state was put on 1938 by World famous Hockey player Jaipal Singh in tribal assembly. Jharkhand was formed as 28th State of India. For the constitution of Jharkhand State Bihar reorganization bill was acknowledged by Lokshabha on 2nd August 2000 and Rajyasabha on 11th August 2000. Current president Mr. K.R. Narayanan confers acknowledgment on the act on 25th August 2000. The capital of state is Ranchi and Dumka is sub-capital. First Chief Minister of Jharkhand state was Mr. Babu Lal Marandi (15th Nov 2000 to 17th March 2003) and first Governor of the state was Mr. Prabhat Kumar (15th Nov 2000 to 3rd Feb 2002). First high Court Judge of the state was Mr. Vinod Kumar Gupta (15th Nov 2000 to 4th March 2003).
Districts & Divisions
Jharkhand state has 24 districts, are presently grouped in to 5 divisions. These divisons are listed below:
- Palamu division – 3 Districts: Palamu, Garhwa, Latehar – Headquarters: Medininagar
- North Chotanagpur division – 7 Districts: Chatra, Hazaribagh, Koderma, Giridih, Ramgarh, Bokaro, Dhanbad – Headquarters: Hazaribagh
- South Chotanagpur division – 5 Districts: Lohardaga, Gumla, Simdega, Ranchi, Khunti – Headquarters: Ranchi
- Kolhan division – 3 Districts: West Singhbhum, Saraikela Kharsawan, East Singhbhum – Headquarters: Chaibasa
- Santhal Pargana division – 6 Districts: Jamtara, Deoghar, Dumka, Pakur, Godda, Sahebganj – Headquarters: Dumka
Numbers in Jharkhand Administration
|Total Area||79714 Km2|
|Coordinates||Latitude: 23.610181 | Longitude: 85.279935|
|Total Village Area||77876 Km2|
|Total Urban Area||1838 Km2|
|Zilla Parishad (District Councils)||24|
|Members of Zilla Parishad (District Councils)||326|
|Largest Division is South Chotanagpur||Area 31706 Km2|
|Smallest Division is Palamu||Area 12749 Km2|
|Jharkhand High Court||Ranchi – 21st High Court of India|
|Total Count of MLA(Vidhan Sabh Sadasya- Member of Legislative Assembly)||82 – (ST-28, SC-8, Nominated-1)|
|Total Count of Lokshabha seats(House of the People)||14(ST-6, SC-2)|
|Total Count of Rasjyashabha Member(Council of States)||6|
Population of Jharkhand
Details as per latest 2011 India census
|Population Growth Rate||22.34%|
|Sex Ratio||947 Females per 1000 Males|
|Literacy||1,87,53,660[Male: 1,11,68,649, Female:75,85,011]|
|Literacy Rate||67.63% [Male: 78.45% and Female: 56.21%]|
Jharkhand State Population Details (All Districts)
|District||Population||Density||Sex Ratio||Literacy Rate||Literate Females|
Jharkhand Census 2011
- According to census 2011 Jharkhand population growth rate is 22.3% and decreased by 1% from previous census.
- Highest population growth rate is recorded in Koderma district which is 32.6%. Lowest is recorded in Dhanbad which is 11.91%.
- Ranchi is the highest population district of Jharkhand state. 8.1% of total population of the state is live in Ranchi.
Jharkhand literacy rate is increased
- According to census 2011 literacy rate of Jharkhand state is grown by 14%. It was 54 % in 2001 and now it grown up to 68%.
- Ranchi holds the no.1 position in state with highest literacy rate 77%. Pakur is lowest with 50.17% like previous census 2001.
- Males literacy rate is grown by 11%. It reached up to 78% from 67% and Females took the better position in literacy rate. It was grown up to 56% from 16%. Female literacy rate in Ranchi is on the top then other districts.
Count of daughters have grown
Daughters population is grown in Jharkhand.
- According to 2001 census it was 941 femals/1000 males but now it grown up to 947 females/1000 males
- In Chaibasa it is 1004 femals/1000 males and hold the top position.
- In Simdega it is 1000 femals/1000 males.
Child ratio is dropped
- According to 2011 census Child ratio is dropped. It was 966/1000 males but now it dropped down to 943/1000 males.
First in Jharkhand State
|Chief Minister||Babu Lal Marandi|
|Chief Justice||Binod Kumar Gupta|
|President of Legislative Assembly||Inder Singh Namdhari|
|Female cabinet Minister||Joba Manjhee|
|Archived Ashoka Chakra||Late Randheer Verma|
|Archive Best MLA||Dr. Vishveshwar Khan|
|President of First State Female Commission||Lakshmi Singh|
|Protem Speaker||Dr. Vishveshwar Khan|
|First Female chief Justice||Gyan Shudha Mishra|
|First Lokayukta||Lakshman Uranv|
Jharkhand state is inhabitant of 32 mejor Tribes and divided in to below segments:
- Hunter-gatherer type — Birhor, Korwa, Hill Kharia
- Shifting Agriculture — Sauria Paharia
- Simple artisans — Mahli, Lohra, Karmali, Chik Baraik
- Settled agriculturists — Santhal, Munda, Oraon, Ho, Bhumij etc.
Jharkhand Major Tribes with their inhabitant and minority status
|Khond Hill Khariya||–||–|
|Maal Paharia||Santhal Pargana||Minority|
|Sauriya Paharia||Santhal Pargana||Minority|